Besides my nails, my hair is one of the features I’ve always taken a lot of pride in (and I know many women who feel the same). It’s always been really thick and healthy, so I never really took any time to consider the idea that it may not always be that way.
Recently, that’s changed. Although it’s still pretty thick overall, I was a little distraught when I pulled my hair back one day and noticed that an area of my hairline was a starting to look less full than it used to be. I’d always thought of hair loss to be a thing that happens mostly to men, but when I researched it, I found that 1 in 3 women experiences thinning hair in their lifetime. Here’s some surprising facts about hereditary hair loss and women:
– For 1 in 3 women the onset of female pattern hair loss can start between puberty and the 20s with a second peak in the early 40s. Left untreated, hair thinning can worsen over time.
– Hair loss can come from either the mother or father’s side of the family.
– Most people lose between 50-100 hairs a day, which is considered normal hair loss. A consistent loss of 150 hairs a day is considered significant hair loss.
– Women experience a general thinning of the hair, with the most extensive hair loss occurring on the top of the head and along the part. Often hair loss experienced by women resembles an Evergreen pattern. In men, hair loss is characterized by a receding hairline and a gradual disappearance of hair from the crown (vertex).
The ROGAINE® Brand is the #1 dermatologist recommended brand for hair regrowth and is definitely a household name in the hair loss arena. They recently came out with a product aimed at helping women who are suffering with hereditary hair loss. Women’s ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol is the first and only FDA-approved once daily treatment for Women – morning or night – for hereditary hair loss. Here’s some information about Women’s ROGAINE® Foam:
– Women’s ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol is the first and only FDA-approved once daily treatment for Women – morning or night – for hereditary hair loss.
– Women’s ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol contains 5% minoxidil, the ONLY topical ingredient FDA-approved to help regrow hair.
– Unlike cosmetic thickeners which just coat hair and temporarily mask the issue, Women’s ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol helps prevent further thinning by regrowing thicker hair.
– Should be applied directly to the scalp once a day, every day; most women will regrow hair in as little as 12 weeks and see visible results in 24 weeks
– Penetrates into the scalp with gentle massaging to reactivate hair follicles and stimulate hair regrowth.
– Elegant foam formula features an enhanced biodelivery system designed to break down with body heat to deposit actives on the scalp without residue.
– Should be dispensed onto a non-porous surface to allow time needed to apply the product properly to the scalp without compromising the integrity of the formula.
– Can be applied to dry or towel dried hair; follow with the styling product(s) of your choice and can be used on colored or chemically-treated hair. *Note: Do not apply Women’s ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol on the same day that you use a chemical treatment on your hair.
– Must continue use of Women’s ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol to maintain results.
Women’s ROGAINE® Foam can be used in conjunction with other styling products and isn’t greasy, so it doesn’t weigh hair down and there isn’t any buildup after multiple applications. I found it really easy to apply to areas where needed (and I am not good at applying hair products generally- the foam makes it easy enough for anyone to use). It’s also available without a prescription and fairly priced (suggested Retail Price: $29.99 for a 2-month supply and $44.99 for a 4-month supply).
Women’s ROGAINE® Foam is also offering a coupon for anyone who wants to try the product out- you can check that out here! They’ve also graciously offered to give away a one-year supply of Women’s ROGAINE® Foam (ARV $150.00) to one lucky reader living in the US! Just comment below letting me know your ideal hair color to enter (mine would be teal mixed with a dark blue! )- giveaway will end on 09/20. I’ll be choosing a random winner and contacting you via comment reply- you’ll need to respond within 48 hours in order to claim the prize. Good luck!