I recently showed you a nail art look using shades from the new OPI Infinite Shine collection (which I received through their Preen.me partnership) and I’m back today to show you another look using two different colors from the set.
As I mentioned in the last post, the OPI Infinite Shine collection is advertised as having a High Def Gel Shine without having to use gel polish/a curing light and lasts up to ten days. The system includes 3 steps (this is directly from Preen.me):
PRIMER base coat for real staying power and stain-free removal
LACQUER with ultra-rich vivid color
GLOSS that cures to a mirror-like shine that lasts up to 10 days
For my second nail art look using these colors, I decided to do a gradient with two of the smokier colors, OPI Set In Stone and OPI Steel Waters Run Deep. I created a tutorial to show how I achieved this look:
1. Begin with OPI Primer base coat.
2. Apply OPI Set In Stone to all nails and allow to dry.
3. Apply swipes of both OPI Set In Stone and OPI Steel Waters Run Deep to a makeup sponge.
4. Press sponge onto nail, moving slightly up and down the nail as you are pressing it. Repeat steps 3 & 4 if needed for more opacity/blending.
5. Finish off with OPI Gloss top coat.
Overall, I loved how this turned out- it’s nicely subtle and smoky. What do you think? Let me know in the comments!