I’m always a bit behind when it comes to buying really popular mainstream brand polish. It typically goes in a familiar pattern-
1. Oh man, everyone keeps talking about xxx color, it can’t be that great!
2. *after seeing many swatches* Okay, it’s seriously growing on me.
3. I don’t *need* it! I have xxx that’s sort of a dupe. Okay, I really want it.
4. But will I ever really wear it with 500 other shades in my helmers?
5. *spots it out in the wild* MINE!
So, that’s also how I recently ended up with Orly Mirrorball. I finally spotted it in Sally’s when I was picking up more top coat and I just could not resist! Let’s take a look at this sparkly beauty.
Orly Mirrorball is a silver holo polish with holo microglitter. I used three coats for the below photos along with Out The Door top coat. The formula was great, super easy to control and a good consistency.
I then decided I wanted to add to it a little with some stamping! I used the Konad Black stamping polish along with a design from the Messy Mansion MM06 plate. I actually wore this for New Years!
|It also held up pretty nicely. There was no sun for a couple days, this was day 3 of the mani when it finally came out!|
Overall, I think this polish is totally worth the hype. It really reminds me of a lot of the holos with small holo glitter that Literary Lacquers has been doing lately and it’s exciting for me to see mainstream brands catching up with the trends in indie polish.
What do you think of this shade? Do you own Mirrorball yet? Let me know in the comments!
|Mugen is…looking like a piggie!|