I was nominated today for a Liebster Award by my nail files and am very honored to have a chance to do this! If you don’t know, the Liebster Award is designed to help people with small/new blogs with under 200 GFC followers. When I started this blog just a few months ago, although I did it mainly for myself, I had a fear that no one would notice me. So, I really appreciate this & everyone who has followed me or left me some feedback. Onto the questions that I was asked!
1. What/who inspired you to blog? My main nail hangout is the nail thread at the somethingawful forums, a few of the girls there had their own blogs, and the more I got into polish it seemed like a great way to keep track of the maincures that I had done.
2. What is your favourite brand, finish and colour of polish? Brand would be OPI, finish would be glitter and colour….that’s a tough one. Pink, purple and blue! Yes, I can’t pick just one! I’m sure you understand.
3. What is your favourite type of nail art and how long have you been doing it? I would probably say stamping. I purchased a stamping set about a year ago but didn’t really use it/understand how it worked until a few months ago.
4. What is your hand care routine and what are your 3 favourite hand care items? When I get out of the shower in the morning I like to rub coconut oil on my hands/cuticles and let it soak in. During most days I also apply Poshe AHA Cuticle Care at least once. A couple of times a week I also like to apply a cuticle oil, I wish I could remember the brand name but I am not at home at the moment! Recently I’ve been trying to remember to use cuticle oil before bed as well. On days I am not at home, I just use the Poshe.
5. Do you have other hobbies other than painting your nails? Honestly, not really. I used to be into cosplay/conventions a few years ago but not so much. I do like to read, don’t know if that counts as a hobby, though.
6. What is your favourite polish and favourite beauty product? Reaaaally hard to pick one but I would probably say favorite polish is Emily De Molly Cosmic Forces and favorite beauty product is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.
7. How do you take photos for your blog? I use about a 4-year old Pink Canon powershot, a lightbox and an adjustable lamp with a daylight bulb. I am not 100% happy with the setup, though, I need a couple more lights and would ideally like a new camera.
8. What is the biggest challenges you’ve faced with your blog? Taking good-looking, colour accurate photos & gaining followers!
9. What technique that you have not yet tried yet would you like to master? Striping tape! I purchased some but it just seems so finicky and I tend to be kind of clumsy, I am really worried I will mess it up. Tape manicures, also.
10. What’s your go-to mani when you’re pushed for time? I suppose a plain creme with a glitter topper, but honestly I plan my nails in advance so I’m rarely pushed for time!
11. What mani are you most proud of, and why? Probably either my mermaid nails or this one with moyou stamping. I like them because they combined a couple different techniques and just looked really cool in person/got a ton of compliments from strangers!
Now, to pass it along, I am nominating 11 bloggers as well! Don’t feel obligated to do it if you’re already done one, or feel free to just answer the questions without nominating additional blogs if you already have in the past.
2. Polish Hound
10. On A Chalkboard
Please answer these Qs and nominate 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers!
1. What inspired your blog name?
2. What nail polish color can you not resist buying?
3. You’re rushing out the door and have 10 minutes to do your nails, what polish do you grab?
4. Your house is burning down/you’re on a deserted island/you’re being abducted by aliens, etc….which 5 polishes would you take with you?
5. What inspired you to get into nail polish in the first place?
6. What technique have you struggled with in the past and now mastered?
7. What technique do you still struggle with?
8. What is your favorite type of manicure to do?
9. How do you organize/keep track of your polishes?
10. What commercial brand is your favorite?
11. What indie brand is your favorite?